Wednesday, October 17, 2007

José González - Vaneer [album]


Do you remember the commercial with all the bouncing balls released down the the hill in San Fransisco? I do! The was an amazing feat of design, color.


Here's a screenshot to remind you:



The featured song in the commercial is Heartbeats original written, performed, and recorded by the duo, The Knife. The guy singing this cover is José González.

He does an amazing job with Heartbeats, that I found hid debut album, Vaneer, just to see what else he had to offer. This album is nothing short of amazing. He soft vocals and gentle lyrics and atmospheric guitar blend to make a memorable listening experience. Although the tracks as indviduals were good, the album best works as a whole and I can't imagine them separately. It's like one continuous track, of heavenly goodness.

If you have seen the commercial here it is in all it's glory.





Gorgeous isn't it?

1 comment:

Michelle C. Moode said...

JERRY! Oh, that bouncing ball commercial....one of my fav. things ever!

I found you by looking at my google stats...thanks for the link! How's PEORIA?

I've sold 50 things on etsy!