Thursday, May 31, 2007

Angela Aki - Kiss Me Goodbye [single]

Nobuo Uematsu picked her as the vocalist of this song for a reason.

Kiss Me Goodbye - The theme song to the popular Final Fantasy XII video game, it is of no surprise that it's a ballad. I think it's ranks up there with 素敵だね (Suteki Da Ne -FFX) as my recommended Final Fantasy song. the vocal prowess and power really adds to the layered orchestral composition of the song. As the game continues to take hours from my life, the track continues to be in rotation on my Itunes. This track was released as the single and has Japanese lyrics written by Angela Aki herself.


Santa Fe`
- The star track on this single, and I agree with someone, that it would have made an incredibly killer single by itself.

A Whiter Shade of Pale - Be still my heart. Honestly, I often get lost in this women's voice to really pay attention to this track. All I remember is that I like it and often listen to it.

Kiss Me Goodbye [featured in Final Fantasy XII] - This track includes English lyrics, a composition that is thinner than the Japanese version. It's not as strong a song to be a single, but the quality of this version was perfect for the ending FMV of Final Fantasy XII.

Over all, it's still a great selection of songs.

No comments: