Thursday, May 31, 2007

Utada Hikaru - ぼくはくま (Boku Wa Kuma) [single]



This single probably surprised a lot of people. Hardcore Hikki fans probably threw a fit as it was the follow up to Passion and Keep Tryin'. I could have heard them saying,"what the hell is she thinking? It's a children's song! This isn't at all like Passion! Has she lost her mind?"

I find it humorous to realize that this single out sold both Passion and Keep Tryin'.

Anyways, putting the children's song aspect aside, this song has got to be one of her most catchy tunes yet. After listening to the melody and watching the PV, I often found myself singing the chorus over and over again without getting annoyed. I like this song. It's a perfect song for children and it's good enough for adults to enjoy, if they can let go of their overly inflated adult egos and enjoy a fun tune.

No comments: