Thursday, May 31, 2007

Angela Aki - 心の戦士 (Kokoro no Senshi) [single]


I think this is probably the weakest single, but that doesn't mean it's sub-par. As a whole, I think that it still ranks among the top of my list.

心の戦士 (Kokoro no Senshi) - features the same strong vocals and passionate music, but something about it lacks the "umph" I've heard in her other releases. I can't seem to explain it, but I can feel it. Technically, this track lives up to the reputation set forth from her "HOME" single.

空はいつも泣いている (Sora wa Itsumo Naiteiru) - although this song would hold up as being a single by itself, it is a welcome b-side. It's upbeat, although I think the lyrics don't really sketch an overly positive image. (It's been a while since I heard it). It serves as a nice break from the very dramatic "Kokoro no Senshi".

TODAY - The biggest shocker, I was not prepared for - in a good way. I like this version. I didn't recognize it at first, but once I did, i relived the days when I was really into the Smashing Pumpkins. A good cover of the original.

Eyes on Me - As a fan favorite from Final Fantasy VIII, I never really like the original. Angela Aki makes the song tolerable, but doesn't make the song great. There's no hope for saving this song from the depths of mediocrity.

1 comment:

ted said...

i really like the song "Eyes on Me". The voice of Angela Aki is so marvelous.