Thursday, May 31, 2007

Utada Hikaru - Colors [single]


Definitely one of my favorites songs from Hikki. She was my first favorite Japanese singer/songwriter (she's still in the top of my faves though), and I was totalling in love with this song when it was released.

Colors - This song was a long awaited release after a pretty lengthy break from the music scene. I love the atmospheric sound created within the layers of this track. The strong melody and entrancing chorus makes for a highly polished and professional product. I loved the PV as well as I think it's one of the few I believe is almost bordering conceptual video fine art. Truly amazing.


Simple and Clean - The English song used as the theme song for the international release of the game Kingdom Hearts. It's funny because I have been listening to Hikki since the First Love album days and as soon as I heard a clip of this song in the Kingdom Hearts commercial on my TV 4 or 5 years ago, I knew it was her. I immediate looked up the game and found out she wrote the song and sang it! I was excited not only because I recognized her voice, but also many of my friends were able to hear it also. Good song. Sharing the musical composition with the Japanese song, Hikari (Japanese theme to Kingdom Hearts) is just great.


Simple and Clean -PLANITb Remix- For all you dance club people. This remixed version of the song is perfect for you crazy ravers. A strong beat is the backbone of the song, and the enhanced speed of the singing helps keep up the energy...excellent for dancing. not a bad remix...this is coming from a guy who doesn't really like dance mixes.

No comments: